Service Terms and Conditions
02 October 2019
These are a plumber Superhero’s Terms & Conditions that make clear the rules, expectations, rights and responsibilities of using our services.
When These Terms Apply
Please ensure you read these terms before using our services. By using our services, you are agreeing to these terms. You’re also agreeing to our: Privacy, Cookie and Ads policies.
The latest version always applies, and we’ll usually only make updates when we offer a new service, change how we provide a service, or have to comply with a new legal requirement.
What Do We Mean by “Services”?
Anything offered by a plumber Superhero, across all the trades we cover (Plumbing, Heating and Electrical):
- Project Work
- Emergency Call Outs
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- “Us/We/Our” refers to a plumber Superhero.
- “You” refers to you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply or materials).
- “Tradesperson/tradespeople” refers to the independent tradesmen/companies recommended by us that carry out work directly for you.
We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work. We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to designate the tradesperson/tradespeople who will carry out your works.
Hourly Rate Work
The total charge to you will consist of the cost(s) of:
- Service Boking Fee which is 50% of the first hour or a flat rate (due prior to work commencing)
- Remaining Labour Fee (the remaining amount once service booking fee paid of time spent by the tradesperson carrying out work) including all reasonable time spent in obtaining non-stocked materials, charged in accordance with our current hourly rates. (due when works completed)
- Materials supplied by the tradesperson including any fixed or percentage markup. (due when works completed)
You will only be charged for the time spent related to your work. All other time, i.e. lunch breaks, is non-chargeable by the tradesperson. All charges are clear and understandable with no hidden fees.
Fixed Price Work
The total charge to you will be given as a firm cost (manifest errors exempted), inclusive of service booking fee, labour & materials.
Where a written estimate has been supplied to you, the total charge outlined in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken, but may be revised in the following circumstances:
- If, after submission of the estimate, you instruct the tradesman (in writing or verbally) to carry out additional work not referred to in the estimate.
- If, after submission of the estimate, there is an increase in the price of materials.
- If, after submission of the estimate, it is discovered that further work needs to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
- If, after submission of the estimate, it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
- Requirement of a detailed Insurance Report (in addition to the estimate and invoice) will incur a nominal charge of £30.00.
The tradesmen will not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to you and will only be bound by estimates given in writing to you and signed by an authorised tradesperson. They will not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
Offers & Incentives
On an ongoing basis, at our discretion, we promote a selection of offers and incentives. Offers and incentives should be clearly defined. Offers and incentives may only be used in conjunction with each other at our discretion.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable, however:
- Time taken will be kept to a minimum and within reason.
- If the collection time is overdue then you should be additionally informed of the circumstances by the tradesman.
Invoices & Payment
Upon your agreement for the independent tradesmen to carry out estimated or Pre Booked work, a service fee deposit payment of 50% or a fixed flat rate of the first hour total is payable to a plumber Superhero immediately. We reserve the right to request full payment in advance for tradesmen at our discretion if necessary.
Upon completion of work you will be invoiced by us on behalf of the tradesperson or the tradesman directly for the remaining amount, for which remaining payment is due on receipt. a plumber Superhero and the tradesperson reserves the right to accrue and charge interest on any part of an invoice which remains unpaid at a rate of 5% over the base rate until payment is received by us in full.
You accept sole liability to make payment in full, unless you disclose when initially instructing the trademen, to carry out work and/or supply materials that you are acting on behalf of a third party.
Where the date and/or time for work to be carried out is agreed, we will use reasonable endeavour to ensure that the tradesperson attend accordingly. We accept no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late-attendance on site of the tradesperson, or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
We will not be liable for any delay, or for the consequences of any delay, in performing any of our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, and we will be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
If you need to cancel (or rearrange) your booking, you must notify us (preferably by telephone) by the end of the working day before the scheduled booking. Cancellations made further in advance should also be made by telephone, and you should request written confirmation from us, so that you are not liable to be charged.
If you cancel your instructions more immediately prior to work being carried out, or materials being supplied, you will be liable for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us or the tradesman, together with the profit that would have been made by us and the tradesman, in accordance with the original instructions.
a plumber Superhero are committed to providing professional, top quality service to every customer. If, after the tradesperson have carried out the work, you are not wholly satisfied with the service(s) you must provide us and the independent tradesman trhough us with written notice within 12 months. You must allow us, and the tradesman’s insurers, the opportunity to both inspect and carry out remedial work where appropriate. If you fail to notify us and the tradesman together, as outlined above, then the trademan and us will not be liable in respect of any defects in the work carried out.
For your peace of mind, the independent tradesmen have been handpicked and vetted and by working throught this website will provide a 12 month guarantee on labour carried out by the a plumber Superhero tradesperson, in respect of faulty workmanship only. This is active from the date of completion of work, in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty/warranties.
The guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the tradesman is:
- Subject to misuse or negligence.
- Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a plumber Superhero tradesperson. We will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by you & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
We will not guarantee any work in respect of:
- Blockages in waste or drainage systems.
- Any work undertaken on instruction from you and against the written or verbal advice of the tradesperson.
Work is only guaranteed in respect of work directly undertaken by the tradesperson and full payment having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by a plumber Superhero tradesperson will not be guaranteed.
Where the a plumber Superhero tradesperson agrees to carry out work on installations of inferior quality (or over ten years old) no warranty is given in respect of such work and we accept no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such work or otherwise.
Tradesmen will only be liable for rectifying their own guaranteed work, and will not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at the time.
The tradesmen and us will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed, or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where you have been notified by the tradesperson either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or their comments/recommendations.
We shall not be held liable for any delay, or consequences of any delay, in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
You will be entitled to fully recover the costs or damages from any tradesperson whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes them liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
You will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of the Gas Safe Regulations or any Gas Warning Notice issued by a plumber Superhero tradesperson. Our tradespeople operate under their own individual Gas Safe Registration and, as such, are solely responsible for any gas related work and subsequent liability.
Title to Goods
Goods supplied and delivered by the tradesperson to you, or their premises, shall remain their property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain their property they have the absolute authority to:
- Retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Enter any premises, at any time and without notice, in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
- Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
The risk in such goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value, and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions will prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, and all contracts awarded between us and you, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English and Welsh Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Law.