02 October 2019
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through our websites, devices, products, services, online and in person, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “a plumber Superhero”).
What Personal Information About Customers Does a plumber Superhero Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to a plumber Superhero. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our company Services.
- Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources.
For What Purposes Does a plumber Superhero Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the company Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with our Services.
- Provide voice services. When you use our voice services, we process your voice input and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- We use your personal information to display Personalised ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, a plumber Superhero, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent.We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does a plumber Superhero Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. a plumber Superhero shares customers’ information only as described below and with a plumber Superhero and the subsidiaries that a website Superhero controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through a plumber Superhero Services. For example, you can order products or services from third parties through our websites, download applications from third-party application providers, and enable third-party skills through our services. We also offer services or sell products or services jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded products. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We work with other companies and individuals to perform functions on your behalf. Examples include providing products or services, delivering items, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell, buy or merge with other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that a plumber Superhero or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of a plumber Superhero and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
a plumber Superhero may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at our company, including Personalised ads, please as us on email@example.com.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us.
As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Information You Can Access? When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
- Most devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer as different devices may have different permission settings.
- Our independent providers can add or update certain information and update their account information by accessing their Account Information, and adjust the email or other communications they receive from us by updating their Notification Preferences.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are Children Allowed to Use a plumber Superhero Services?
a plumber Superhero doesn’t sell products or services for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use a plumber Superhero only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of a plumber Superhero Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have had services or orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products, services and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at a plumber Superhero or want to contact one of our staff, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use a plumber Superhero Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services;
- place an order through a plumber Superhero;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when using our services) or Your Profile
- talk to or otherwise interact with our a plumber Superhero service;
- upload your contacts;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with your device or another a plumber Services;
- provide information in your account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer goods, or services to our customers;
- offer your products or services on or through a plumber Superhero;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload images, videos or other files to a plumber Superhero;
- Participate in community features, provide and rate Customer Reviews
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ notification Alerts, such as service or order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom orders have been placed (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; images and video stored in connection with our Services, information and documents regarding identity and standing; corporate and financial information; credit history information; VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronise them with your our devices.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- a plumber Superhero metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files (e.g., file name, dates, times and location of your images));
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products, services and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our a plumber Superhero number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, third party, advertising or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- information about internet-connected devices and services that you’ve linked with us; and
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through a plumber Superhero include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised preferences, address book and settings);
- payment settings (including payment card information and gift voucher, gift card and cheque balances);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists and gift registries
- your content, devices, services, and related settings;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).
- partners and clients can access their account and other information, and adjust their communications preferences, by updating their accounts.